We are searching for an energetic team player to join our close-knit office as an administrative assistant! This individual must have strong writing and research skills, a passion for education, great customer service, and the capacity to multi-task. This person must also have a strong work ethic and the ability to maintain confidences.
This position requires someone willing to commit to two years minimum.
Please note, our office has two dogs so interested candidates must also enjoy the company of dogs.
For more details, please read the job description below.
If after reading the description you feel you are a match, please submit your resume and writing sample to email@example.com. Please do not call the office as this interrupts our grant making efforts. Thank you!
- Strong oral and written skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfort with answering phones
- Intermediate skills with Word and Excel
- Ability to learn new software/apps (i.e. Prezi)
- Strong sense of business ethics
- Ability to maintain confidences
- Adaptability and “coach-ability”
- Professional and courteous
- Proactive and resourceful
- Positive Attitude
- At least 2 years of prior office experience as an assistant
- Sort daily mail and correspondence
- Answer multiple telephone lines
- Manage multiple databases and files
- Process invoices for payment
- Manage funding docket
- Schedule meetings/calls
- Manage president’s calendar
- Maintain office machines, office supplies, and stationary
- Coordinate events
- Draft proposals, reports, grant letters, and other correspondence
- Manage social media platforms and website
- Prepare quarterly newsletter, annual board binder and annual report
- Perform other support duties as requested by the foundation president
Rate: Hourly, commensurate with experience
Terms of Employment:
- Reports directly to the foundation president
- The Riordan Foundation is an at-will employer
To learn more about The Riordan Foundation: www.riordanfoundation.org